Third Person Top-Down Camera with Faux Gravity

Dear community!

I’m struggling while making a faux gravity based game (planetary gravity). I’ve got my character controller set up and while testing I have used my main camera as a child object of my player object. This, however, creates stuttering and jittering while moving. I want to move my camera now through scripting so I can maybe try lerp and not have this jitter anymore. I have the following code in my camera script which correctly follows the player but when I want to rotate with the player as well the camera moves all weirdly.

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class CameraController : MonoBehaviour {

public GameObject player;       //Public variable to store a reference to the player game object

private Vector3 offset;         //Private variable to store the offset distance between the player and camera

// Use this for initialization
    void Start ()
    {
        //Calculate and store the offset value by getting the distance between the player's position and camera's position.
        offset = transform.position - player.transform.position;
    }

// LateUpdate is called after Update each frame
    void LateUpdate ()
    {
        // Set the position of the camera's transform to be the same as the player's, but offset by the calculated offset distance.
        transform.position = player.transform.position + offset;

}
}

Here you can find a video of my issue:

I have found a partial solution by using the RotateAround method on the camera’s transform but this gives a slight offset which I think are the cause of rounding errors in my calculations. It also doesn’t work when I add in a jumping method for my character.

try looking at my topic on this, you might find a good reply.