Tilemap Collider/Composite Collider leaving gaps

Hi all,

I’ve tried searching around for other people who’ve had this problem, but I couldn’t find anything. I’m happy to be pointed to existing answers though.

Essentially I’m working on a 2D platformer. I have a tilemap palette based on a sprite sheet, and I’ve created their physics shapes in the sprite editor. I’m using this for placeholder art for my environments. This tilemap layer has a Tilemap Collider 2D attached, which uses a Composite Collider 2D which uses a Platform Effector 2D.

I didn’t have any issues initially making changes or anything else. Today however, after editing the map a little bit, my tiles aren’t joining together properly. The colliders still exists, but the problem is that I want my player to be able to pass through these particular objects from below and the sides. I feel that the Platform Effector 2D should make this a non issue, but my character is colliding with the tiles below these gaps as if they’re normal colliders.

If you need any more information or screenshots, please ask.

Thanks!

I have found a solution, in the tilemap collider check the “Used by Composite”, that fixed it to me.
Anyways, to be sure that this is not going to happen again, I changed my character box collider to a capsule collider, a little jump is better than be stuck

I think the current solution is to add a pixel layer around each of your sprites in the sprite sheet: Unity - Fixing Gaps Between Tiles - YouTube