- Our game has a tetrahedron wherein 3 faces (Red, Green & Blue) are visible & 1 face (Black )is down.
- The game needs to move tetrahedron by tilting in any direction along its edge & not vertex. ie If I tilt from Green side then Green face goes down.
- Next after tilting I need to rotate the tetrahedron in the new position itself.
- This process will be repeated for entire game with this tetrahedron.
The problems are
- In case of cube if I tilt it along the edge then the axis is also tilted by 90deg. So after every tilt I get any one axis pointing upwards which makes it easy to pivot that axis for doing rotation at that position itself.
- Now in case of a tetrahedron, after tilting there is no certainty of getting any one axis pointing upwards. This makes it difficult to do subsequent tilting as the axis for edge is not at an odd angle.
- Also since no vertical axis exits at 90deg doing rotation is also not possible…
How should we go about achieving repeated tilting & rotation for a tetrahedron??