Tracking to part of a animated object.

Hello,

I’ve asked this question before but no answers came, So I am going to re-ask with a hopefully more detailed question.

How do I track a Game object to a single part of a animated object?

Thats is the say:

Object A:

-is animated

-has multiple parts that travel in differing directions and speeds.

-has a specific object that moves as part of the animation to be used as an anchor point for Object B.

Object B:

-is a separate model that does not have an animation.

-is parented to Object A.

-is not moving with Object A when the animation plays (This is the problem)

I have noticed that during the animation Object A does not change its position as pertains to its data, while still moving on the screen. I believe this may be where the breakdown is occuring.

Note: I’m not sure if it matters but Objects A and B are both .FBX data exported from Blender.

Your object B must be a child of the “specific object that moves as part of the animation to be used as an anchor point for Object B”. Here is what’s going on :

Object A is an object with probably Transform, SkinnedMeshRenderer, MeshFilter, … When the animation start, the SkinnedMeshRenderer take the mesh from the MeshFilter, apply the bones matrices to the vertices with the weight table and give that to the shader (or the operation occure in the shader, not quite sure). So as you see, Object A transform is not involved, but the bones are.