Transparent shader disappearing when looking slightly away

Hello, I’m trying to do 3 layers of 2D background clouds (for parallax), using partially transparent PNGs, each with their own URP lit transparent shader-graph shaders. It looks great in headset, but when I slightly look away, my objects disappear. In the material inspector, I’ve adjusted the sorting priority on each, but that doesn’t seem to help. I’ve tried enabling Alpha Clipping–that works but it gives it a really jagged border. Any ideas of what else I can try? Thanks!

The sorting priority in the material properties won’t have any effect. The only way to alter the sort order for MeshRenderers is to use the VisionOS Sorting Group component. However, I wouldn’t expect anything to disappear even if the sorting order is wrong. If it’s possible to submit a repro case as a bug report and let us know the incident number (IN-#####), we can look into it further.

1 Like

The VisionOS Sorting Group did the trick. Thank you very much for the quick reply–saved me a lot of pain!

For anybody else, I added the Vision OS Sorting Group component only once to a parent game object, changed “Renderers” to 3, then dragged the 3 child game objects into the “Renderer” fields, furthest away object being 0, then 1, etc.

1 Like