Trees on terrain appear sideways

Hi all,

I just modeled and textured my first tree which I am hoping to use on a Unity terrain with the Paint Tree tool. I managed to import the model and its textures correctly. I added the model as a tree in the Paint Tree tool, but when I paint the trees on the terrain, they appear sideways (leaves to the left, rather than upward. I checked the documentation and it says to place the “pivot point” in the root of the tree. I assume this means the “object center” in Blender, which is what I am using. I set it as instructed, select the Nature Occlusion Leaves and Bark shaders, but the the tree objects still appear sideways. I tried importing it as both FBX and .DAE with the same result. I tried moving the tree sideways in Blender before export. Frankly, I don’t know what else to do.

If I place the mesh directly on the terrain, it appears correctly (leaves upward). Has anyone seen something like this?

This has to do with Blender having its Y anx Z axis switched. In blender simply go into edit mode and do R X 90 and then in Object Mode R X -90.

This has to do with Blender having its Y anx Z axis switched. In blender simply go into edit mode and do R X 90 and then in Object Mode R X -90.