Trigger Collision Moves When Object Enters

I am working on a game and I’m coding in sword movement. I have it where if you swing your sword it has a trigger collision to check if anything is there. The problem is that when something enters that collision the collision moves under the player / moves out of the way.

I have been having this problem all day and I can’t figure out a solution.

void animate(string _type)
    {
        switch (_type)
        {
            case "WAND":
                weaponSpawn.transform.GetChild(0).GetComponent<Animation>().Play("Wand", PlayMode.StopAll);
                GameObject projectile = Instantiate(wandBullet, hitSpawn.transform.position, hitSpawn.transform.rotation);
                projectile.tag = "MyHurt";
                projectile.GetComponent<Rigidbody>().AddForce(transform.forward * currentWeapon.speed);
                projectile.GetComponent<BulletDamage>().damage = currentWeapon.damageAmount;
                StartCoroutine(destroyProjectile(projectile)); 
                break;

case "SWORD":
                weaponSpawn.transform.GetChild(0).GetComponent<Animation>().Play("Sword", PlayMode.StopAll);
                meleeHit.GetComponent<BulletDamage>().damage = currentWeapon.damageAmount;
                StartCoroutine(turnOffMelee(currentWeapon.rate));
                break;
        }
    }

IEnumerator turnOffMelee(float _time)
    {
        meleeHit.gameObject.GetComponent<BoxCollider>().enabled = true;
        meleeHit.GetComponent<BulletDamage>().damage = currentWeapon.damageAmount;
        yield return new WaitForSeconds(_time);
        meleeHit.gameObject.GetComponent<BoxCollider>().enabled = false;
    }

I can show you the full script and images if you need it.

Thanks,

Mark

Maybe your target has a rigid body and is getting pushed by your sword rigid body. Just add a larger trigger collider on your target or your sword and make the necessary scripts for reactions