Trying to make a game that tests whether the player has pressed on the left or on the right side of the screen but it doesn't work

The game is supposed to be a very unoriginal coordination game, where there’s an arrow and a text displayed on the screen (both of them either display left or right randomly) and you have to click on the side that the text is showing.

IEnumerator Game() {
	timeLeft = 15f;
	int randomNumberArrow = Random.Range (-1, 2); // Determines whether the ARROW shows left or right
	int randomNumberText = Random.Range (-1, 2); // Determines whether the TEXT shows left or right

if (randomNumberArrow == 0) { // ARROW shows LEFT
		arrow.transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(0f, 0f, 180f);
	} else { // ARROW shows RIGHT
		arrow.transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(0f, 0f, 0f);
	}

if (randomNumberText == 0) { // TEXT shows LEFT
		leftOrRight.text = "LEFT";
		if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0))  { // Tests if the player taps the correct(left) side
			if (Input.mousePosition.x < 240) {
				pressedCorrectly = true;
			} else {
				pressedCorrectly = false;
			}
		}
	} else { // TEXT shows RIGHT
		leftOrRight.text = "RIGHT";
		if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0))  { // Tests if the player taps the correct(right) side
			if (Input.mousePosition.x > 240) {
				pressedCorrectly = true;
			} else {
				pressedCorrectly = false;
			}
		}
	}
	if (pressedCorrectly) { // Player Wins
		StartCoroutine ("Game", 0.1f);
		score++;
		Debug.Log (score);
	} else { // Player Fails by clicking incorrectly
		GameOver ();
		StopCoroutine ("Game");
	}

yield return new WaitForSeconds (timeLeft);
	if ( timeLeft <= 0 ) // Player Fails by not clicking in time
	{
		GameOver();
		StopCoroutine ("Game");
	}
}

When I hit play I instantly get the Game Over screen. I believe this has something to do with the if statements (where the “TEXT shows RIGHT” and “TEXT shows LEFT” comments are).
Note that 240 is the x position that’s in the center of the screen.

Is this a school project? It looks like you are trying to create your own game loop but that’s not really how Unity works. You should be creating a monobehaviour script that attaches to a game object and then just handle your game logic in the Update loop.

But that aside, here is your problem. You are checking your random numbers and checking the input then at line 31 you check if they pressed the right button but its now only been 1 frame in the game. So of course no one can hit the button in 1 frame so it goes to a game over. If they did somehow have the mouse down when you hit play it would start another game loop on top of the one you are in, which is also not what you want.

I would suggest doing a couple unity scripting tutorials to figure out how to properly use the Update loop. But to make what you have work you would have to not do anything (keep looping) until a button is pressed. So like have a bool that is buttonPressed and it is only true if anything has been pressed. If it is true then you check pressedCorrectly. If it is false you just continue the loop.

Something like this:

while(!buttonPressed){
     //All your input stuff
}
if(pressedCorrectly){
     //The rest of the stuff