I’m using TTF Text (free version) for some 3d text. When I try to build for Mac, I get these errors:
ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by ttftext_lite. But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.
As far as I know, .dll files are for Windows only. I tried moving and deleting .dll references and I got a new error, which prevents me from running in unity or building:
The type or namespace name `TTFText’ could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Anyone run into this problem or have any ideas?
Sounds like you have some of the TTF Text scripts outside of the Editor folder, where they need to live. When Unity makes a build it knows that the contents of the Editor folder are for extensions to the Editor, only, and to not include them in the build. If a script uses UnityEditor, then it cannot be used in the build.
Nah, the dev replied to me saying that this is a known bug and he said that an update will be there “soon”. I don’t know how does he define “soon” but it’s been over a month since his reply and no change at all. And I know that the full version of TTFText (which was updated long long time ago) doesn’t have this problem.
If this some kind of trick to force me to buy full version then it’s an epic fail.
I got exactly the same problem on Windows … the TTFText works ok when running the game inside Unity, but when I do a build I get:
“ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by ttftext_lite. But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.”
I fixed it by simply deleting the entire TTFText folder from my Project Assets, and retaining only the generated TTF Text GameObjects in my Hierarchy. I could then build with no problems. If I need to create more TTF Text Game Objects then I’ll just need to re-import the TTF package.
I am having the same issue. I have a workaround though its not great.
- I created all the text objects that I wanted.
- I saved the text mesh for each text object to an asset folder in the project.
- I removed the TTFText Script from all of the text objects in the scene.
- I moved the folder containing the entire TTFText plugin up one directory. That way unity does not try to import the scripts or .dll files for TTFText.
- for each text object in the scene I select the correct mesh for the mesh filter from the saved meshes in the second step.
The down side to this is that you will have to move the plugin folder back if you want to make more 3D text objects.