Turret floats away and pushes everything away from it

For some reason when I apply this script to my turret:

var LookAtTarget:Transform;
var damp = 1.0;
function Update ()

{
if(LookAtTarget)
{
var rotate = Quaternion.LookRotation(LookAtTarget.position - transform.position);
transform.rotation = Quaternion.Slerp(transform.rotation, rotate, Time.deltaTime * damp);
}

//transform.LookAt(LookAtTarget);

}

It pushes any other objects nearby away, floats around, and when I get near it with the target it is tracking it floats up higher until I get farther away. I have trolled around looking for this exact problem and have not found any solutions posted to this question, I am fairly new to unity so I am certain it is just some stupid setting I am not familiar with. I have messed with rigidbody and other gravity settings trying to get something to work, but the object doesn’t pay any attention to my feeble attempts.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

You’ve probably given the body of the turret a rigidbody. Remove this. You don’t want the gun to react physically realistically, eq push itself away.

No, it doesn’t have any rigidbody dynamics assigned to it right now. I have tried adding physics to it through the inspector tab and scripting, but nothing gets it to “act right.” It just goes ape-S*** if you try to assign anything to it really. Probably worth noting I made the sphere (body), cylinder (barrel), and cube (base) and didn’t import them, I don’t know if that made me skip a step or what have you…