U3DXT Social plugin ActivitySheet not working in game

I recently purchased the U3DXT IOS sdk plugin. I’m also new to Unity (currently using latest vs 4.3 on OSX Latest). I have followed the examples for posting to Twitter and Facebook and this works with no issues. Here’s my scenario.

I currently have two social buttons on my game top level menu. One is for FB and the other for Twitter. If either is tapped I see the correct sheets displayed and they post to the social network just fine.

In game, the user can tap the pause button. Once the game is paused an in-game menu pops up - Resume, Restart, Share or Exit.
I am trying to have the ActivitySheet displayed when the “Share” button has been tapped. I am calling this in the OnGUI() method:

OnGUI() 
{

if (CoreXT.IsDevice) {

OnGUIActivitySheet();

}

}

void OnGUIActivitySheet() {
		if (GUILayout.Button(btnShare, GUILayout.ExpandHeight(true))) {
			SocialXT.Share(new object[] {
				"You can find the best Unity Plugins at U3DXT.com!",
				"http://www.U3DXT.com",
				_logo
			} ,
			new string[] { UIActivity.TypeAssignToContact, UIActivity.TypeCopyToPasteboard });
		}
	}

I cannot get the ActivitySheet button to work from within the game but it does work in the example project. Also I am receiving the notification asking permission to access profile etc alert from IOS “Don’t allow” or “allow” options.

I have however tested this in place of the ActivitySheet:

SocialXT.Share(new object[] {
				"You can find the best Unity Plugins at U3DXT.com!",
				"http://www.U3DXT.com",
				null
			},
			new string[] { UIActivity.TypeAssignToContact, UIActivity.TypeCopyToPasteboard });
		}

With calling:

SocialXT.Post(SLRequest.SLServiceTypeFacebook, msg, null, iosAppStoreURL);

AND
SocialXT.Post(SLRequest.SLServiceTypeTwitter, msg, null, iosAppStoreURL);

Both working just fine.

The other buttons I have on my pause menu are made up using GUI.Button - example:

if(GUI.Button(new Rect(25,225,450,75), btnRestart, skin.button)) {
					Application.LoadLevel(Application.loadedLevelName);
				}

Can the same approach be used instead of GUILayout.Button? I’m currently at a loss up to this point and need some guidance or at least a nudge in the right direction. Any help on the matter would be much apreciated.

TIA,

T

Hi, SocialXT.Share() takes in an array of items, and each item can only be string, Texture2D, UIImage, or NSURL. If you pass in “null”, it throws an exception. So make sure the _logo variable is not null or just don’t pass it in. Hope this resolves the issue for you.