ubuntu logs out whenever I try to open Unity

I have successfully installed and when I run, I automatically get logged out. I tried several times but nothing happens.

[quote=“IvayloDev”, post:1, topic: 595045]
I have successfully installed and when I run, I automatically get logged out. I tried several times but nothing happens.
[/quote]

You can share data on the version of Linux you use?

Check your editor log in ~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log for hints - this sounds like it could be a gpu driver issue crashing Xorg.

[quote=“ma1onso”, post:2, topic: 595045]
You can share data on the version of Linux you use?
[/quote]
Yes. Im running ubuntu 14.04

[quote=“Tak”, post:3, topic: 595045]
Check your editor log in ~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log for hints - this sounds like it could be a gpu driver issue crashing Xorg.
[/quote]
In .config I only have “unity” and in that folder “first_run.stamp”

Did your system complete reboot or just kick you out to the Log In prompt?

"Logs out" usually means, the x server crashed and the login manager is restarting x and displaying a login again.

Check whether you have /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old and whether it says something about a crash at the end.

1 Like

[quote=“haagch”, post:7, topic: 595045]
“Logs out” usually means, the x server crashed and the login manager is restarting x and displaying a login again.

Check whether you have /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old and whether it says something about a crash at the end.
[/quote]
No. nothing wrong. The last thing is “Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.”