Unable to compile after upgrading to 4.3

Upgraded to Unity 4.3 a few minutes ago and now I’m getting a lot of errors. First, I am unable to compile to:

On the line: using UnityEngine; I get the error:
The type of namespace name ‘UnityEngine’ could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

This also happens with UnityEditor. The code I have is:

using UnityEngine;
using UnityEditor;

I have tried going to Assets → Sync MonoDevelop after searching for this question

I also noticed that the project is not really loading in MonoDevelop. The left hand section under Solution does not have anything listed. What could be causing this in 4.3 that didn’t in 4.2.2?

Also, this seems to be an issue in the Space Graphics Toolkit as well. Thanks for any help!

The post here helped me: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/147954-Space-Graphics-Toolkit-RELEASED/page34

Darkcoder posted a couple of lines you need to update from passing null to “” in the create UI. After that’s fixed Unity can then compile the other scripts.

Hi Dave!

I just had this exact issue, turns out the unity debugger often isn’t properly attached monodevelop first time you install, so just close unity and reinstall. This will fix the issue. :slight_smile: