"Unable to find Halo" error message.

Hello,
I’m getting an error that I don’t understand.
It happens when the game enters scene B from Scene A and returns again to Scene A,
The errors happen to gameobjects that are set Inactive when entering Scene B and activated again when entering Scene A.

The error is displayed in various forms as follows:

Unable to find Halo to update
UnityEngine.Transform:RotateAround(Vector3, Vector3, Single)

UnityEngine.Light:set_intensity(Single)

UnityEngine.Transform:set_localScale(Vector3)

UnityEngine.Transform:set_position(Vector3)

UnityEngine.Transform:set_position(Vector3)

Unable to find Halo to be deleted
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:INTERNAL_CALL_SetCustomLighting(Light, Color&)

UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:SetCustomLighting(Light, Color) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/812c4f5049264fad/Editor/MonoGenerated/Editor/InternalEditorUtility.cs:292)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Update ****
I can get rid of this repeating message by pausing the game in editor and disable the gameobject and enable it again.

Anybody have any idea what going on?

Further to my comments on the original post, for now it looks this can be worked around by disabling and enabling again any lights with halos on them after entering the new scene. You’ll still get one “Unable to find Halo to update” error before it’s fixed, but the errors won’t be infinite and the halos will reappear.

Unity seems to generally have some problems porting everything between scenes. For instance the centre of mass of rigidbodies also seems to get reset on scene load in Unity 4.0.

Edit: Still doesn’t always fix it. :frowning:

Edit 2: I think if you disable BEFORE the scene change, and enable again AFTER the scene change, then you’ll be OK. Frustrating though - here 's the bug I submitted in March 2013, active as of November 2014:

Issue tracker: Unity Issue Tracker - [Halos] Halo objects don't transition between scenes when using DontDestroyOnLoad