Unbounded app closes on startup

Hello, our unbounded mixed reality app running the 0.5 integration 9 out of 10 times closes shortly after being started in the simulator (the OS goes back to the home menu), selecting the app again then brings it back, there is no indication of a crash, the app just seems to minimise. I seen several threads here on the forums describing similar behaviour, where the solution was to ensure the splash screen was disabled. I have double and trippled check, it is disabled but it is still happening.

In one thread its mentioned it could be due to a race condition and/or due to loading of additive scenes

We use the the same setup as described in the thread with a base scene always loaded and then load or unload additional scenes on top of that. This means at startup we load our entry point scene and shortly after that another scene to show our own splash image.

Looking at the console these lines seem to indicate something going wrong, these happen just as we add our volume camera:

Volume added: id 18446744073709549002 (desired: Unbounded)
Matching windows and volumes -- 1 orphan volumes, 0 free windows, 1 total windows
   ... requesting open of new window for: Unbounded
Accessing Environment<OpenImmersiveSpaceAction>'s value outside of being installed on a View. This will always read the default value and will not update.
Unable to present another Immersive Space when one is already requested or connected
Volume removed: id 18446744073709549002 (assigned to window uuid: (none))
Volume added: id 18446744073709549002 (desired: Unbounded)
Matching windows and volumes -- 1 orphan volumes, 0 free windows, 1 total windows
   ... requesting open of new window for: Unbounded
Accessing Environment<OpenImmersiveSpaceAction>'s value outside of being installed on a View. This will always read the default value and will not update.
Unable to present another Immersive Space when one is already requested or connected

But the game keeps executing after this and starts loading our splash scene, and this is when we get the following lines (I suspect the lines about the scene disconnect and the window being removed is the point when the app gets closed?)

[ApplicationStateRunner] Loading scene of new state Splash with index 0
Koopa.<ChangeApplicationState>d__14:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
Koopa.<Start>d__16:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Scene disconnected: <UIWindowScene: 0x10623e700; role: UISceneSessionRoleImmersiveSpaceApplication; persistentIdentifier: com.ResolutionGames.Koopa:SFBSystemService-07A1BB4B-E08C-4331-B180-1BB15B7FEFDA; activationState: UISceneActivationStateUnattached>
Window removed: uuid 532C77D3-B683-4692-80BB-4FA42C1DE998
Adding AR data provider for feature PositionAndRotation
UnityEngine.XR.VisionOS.VisionOSSessionProvider:Update(XRSessionUpdateParams, Configuration)
UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRSessionSubsystem:Update(XRSessionUpdateParams)
UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARSession:Update()

Given that this does not always happen, I feel like it could indeed be some kind of race condition, either tied to our startup, or startup + additive scene loading? I am quite new to XCode so I might have missed something, but any pointers would be very helpful!

Make sure you have disabled both Splash Screen and Virtual Reality Splash Image in the Player Settings.

My settings looks like this, so I think I have that covered, this is for the VisionOS platform

If you are moving the Volume Camera, try waiting a few seconds after scene load before doing so. Moving the volume immediately after loading a scene causes issues in our project (bounded mode), so we are waiting 2 seconds before doing it as a temporary work around.

Interesting! We did not move it before and it was happening then too, but now we also move the volume camera, so that might be adding to it happening more, if that can cause it like for you guys even in our unbounded app.