UNetWeaver error in all projects, Unity 5.4.0f3?


I am getting the following errors in all my Unity projects after updating to Unity 5.4.0f3. The error does not let me play any of the scenes. These errors are not there on making a new project but re appear as soon as I create a first C# script.

UNetWeaver error: ResolveMethod failed NetworkBehaviour::SendTargetRPCInternal UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkBehaviour
Unity.UNetWeaver.Log:Error(String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:20)
Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:ResolveMethod(TypeReference, String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1088)
Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:SetupTargetTypes() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1352)
Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:Weave(String, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1652)
Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:WeaveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1763)
Unity.UNetWeaver.Program:Process(String, String, String, String[], String[], IAssemblyResolver, Action`1, Action`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:34)
UnityEditor.Scripting.Serialization.Weaver:WeaveUnetFromEditor(String, String, String, String, Boolean)

and more 100s of these and in the end

Failure generating network code.
UnityEditor.Scripting.Serialization.Weaver:WeaveUnetFromEditor(String, String, String, String, Boolean)

I am not using any kind of networking. How do I get rid of these errors?

Thanks in advance.

This started happening to me after I installed Unity 5.4.1 using a pkg file(because unity download assistant wasn’t working) over a unity 5.3.x installation in OSX 10.9.5.

You could try removing your Unity folder in the Applications folder, reinstalling Unity, and then emptying your trash can. If that doesn’t work, try rebooting. If you still receive the error, then I’m out of ideas, because I honestly don’t know what caused it or what solved it, for me, I only know what I tried.

Try testing using an empty project that only contains a single script file, just to rule out other possible issues.

One note: After deleting the Unity folder, I reinstalled using Unity Download Assistant for Unity 5.4.2(because Unity Download Assistant magically started working again after months of it not working, and 5.4.2 was the latest).