Unexpected text appears using UI

I’m creating my very first game in which a ball is repairing objects. When I enter the collider of an object, a text appears under the simple minimap saying “In repair…” with a countdown and when the countdown is over, it turns into “REPAIRED”. This is all good, but when I enter the collider for the 2nd time before OR after it is repaired, the following strange, upside-down text appears for a very brief time (couple of frames maybe):

No text should appear here.

In comparison, this is what I should normally see (and I do see it after a frame, please disregard the glowing element, it is not connected to the text):62426-flashtextnormal.png
I paste the script controlling the behavior of the text here :

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;
using UnityEngine.UI;

public class RepairText : MonoBehaviour {
    public Text repairText; //reference to the text comp
    public GameObject metaBallTrigger; // reference to the GO trigger
    public SpinningSiren refSiren; //reference to the script attached to the player
    public GameObject collectible; //reference to the collectible GO
    public RepaireCollectible repColText; //reference to the script attached to the collectible

void Start ()
    {
        repairText.enabled = false;
        refSiren = metaBallTrigger.GetComponent<SpinningSiren>(); //using script from the trigger GO
        repairText.text = "";
	}

void Update ()
    {
        if (refSiren.inRepair) //if inside the collider of the collectible
        {
            repColText = refSiren.repairCollectible;
            repairText.enabled = true; //text appears
            if (!repColText.repaired) //if it is not repaired yet
            {
                repairText.text = "In repair... " + ((int)repColText.timer).ToString(); //float timer is converted to int to display conventional 1, 2, 3, etc.
            }
            else
            {
                repairText.text = "REPAIRED"; //if repaired, display this
            }
        }
        else //if not in repair
        {
            repairText.text = "";
            repairText.enabled = false;
        }
	}
}

To me, it looks like some kind of memory garbage, but I have no idea. I tried to initialize the text in the beginning and set it back to “” if unused, but I am new to unity, so I don’t know if I was right to do so. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I captured two other, with different text. This time, I flipped the image and used a readable font. The text is different before and after I repaired the collectible. This is still very bizarre. Help is much appreciated :slight_smile:
before:
62470-flashtext3.png
after:
62471-flashtext4.png