Unity 3.x Game Dev. Essentials (Chapter8: Creating Fire and Smoke)

Hello Unity Community :slight_smile: ,

I am new to Unity and i am reading the book in the title of this post. I like creating games and I am eager to learn new functions of Unity. However, I am using the 4th version of unity, in which the Particle System has been reworked and changed (compared to the Chapters in the book).

Does anyone know of a good video tutorial or article that covers the new particle system for creating realistic fire and smoke?

Thx

I read that book and it’s a good one!

Here’s a link to a video that should help you out learn Shuriken based on that chapter.
Shuriken Tutorial

Also check out the Tornado Twins youtube page, they have a ton of great tutorials.

Thanks Alucardj and Subliminalman for your answers and help regarding my question. I have another one though that is related to the previous question. When I create the fire using the legacy system (havent tried yet with the Shuriken one) I can see the sharp edges of the particles being create at the bottom of the fire as they are born.

I realize that this is probably due to the texture material that I use, but I have no idea on how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thx

Here is a snapshot:

[8258-sharp+edges.png|8258]