Unity 4 Android Game cannot access SQLite DB (C# Script)

I’m currently developing a simply android game and I’m using SQLite as a means to save the high scores in it. When I run it on the editor it works fine and is immediately able to access the data of the table inside it but whenever I have built it into an apk already and run it on my phone it doesn’t work anymore. My speculations tell me that the problem is that a connection could not be established to the SQLite database that I added under Assets/StreamingAssets

Likewise I have done a whole bunch of researching already and still no luck. Here’s the big bunch of libraries that I am currently using with all the methods possible that I have researched:

using UnityEngine;

using System.Collections;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using UnityEngine.UI;

using System.Data;

using System.Configuration;

using System.EnterpriseServices;

using System.Security;

using System;

//using Mono.Data.Sqlite; (commented out as I thought SQLiteClient would be the fix)

using Mono.Data.SqliteClient;

I have referred to this guide initially: Database (SQLite) Setup for Unity - Unity Answers

as basis for the code for connecting it and it did work in the editor but not when running on my phone.

And here’s all the connection methods that I have used so far but off to no success at all D:

  1. string conn = “URI=file: jar:file://” + Application.dataPath + “/HighScores.s3db”;
  2. string conn = “URI=file:” + Application.dataPath + “/StreamingAssets” + “/HighScores.s3db”;
  3. string conn = “URI=file:” + “jar:file:” + Application.dataPath + “!/assets/” + “HighScores.s3db”;
  4. string conn = “URI = jar:file:” + Application.dataPath + “!/assets/” + “HighScores.s3db”;
  5. string conn = “URI = jar:file:” + Application.dataPath + “!/assets/” + “HighScores”;
  6. string conn = “URI=file:” + “jar:file://” + Application.dataPath + “!/assets/” + “HighScores.s3db”;
  7. string conn = “URI=file:” + “jar:file://” + Application.dataPath + “!/assets/” + “/HighScores.s3db”;
  8. string conn = “URI=file:HighScores.s3db”; //Path to database.

IDbConnection dbconn;
dbconn = (IDbConnection) new SqliteConnection(conn);
dbconn.Open(); //Open connection to the database.

I’m currently using the latest version of SqliteBrowser in order to make the database, create its tables, and populate it with sample data. It creates a file with no filetype and a .s3db file whenever I use its create database functionality. Both of which could have its different set of tables and data which is weird and confusing.

This problem is now Solved. This good guy here that posted this thread has clearly solved my problems using the most efficient way involving SQLite Queries :smiley:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-3d-android-sqlite-examples.114660/