Unity 5 2d Thorw Object

I’m trying to make a simple dodgeball game. I need the player to throw a gameobject as one would do when playing Dodgeball. I don’t need it to be showing or anything. Just kind of spawn as it’s being thrown and play an animation.

Here’s what I have so far (errors listed after code):enter code here
public float throwDistance;

// Use this for initialization
	void OnCollisionEnter2D (Collision2D collision) {

Destroy (collision.transform.gameObject);

}

// Update is called once per frame
	void Update () {

if (Input.GetKeyUp (KeyCode.W)) {
			var thrownItem = Instantiate(transform.position, Quaternion.identity) as Transform;
			thrownItem.Translate (0, 0, throwDistance);
			Animation.Play ("DodgeballP1Throw");
		}

}

And I get these errors:

1. Assets/Scripts/throwDodgeball.cs(19,42): error CS1501: No overload for method Instantiate' takes 2’ arguments

2. Assets/Scripts/throwDodgeball.cs(20,36): error CS1061: Type object' does not contain a definition for Translate’ and no extension method Translate' of type object’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

3. Assets/Scripts/throwDodgeball.cs(21,35): error CS0120: An object reference is required to access non-static member `UnityEngine.Animation.Play()’

I’m not a pro nor have I messed with this type of scripting so It may be a simple solution (I can figure out the animation so don’t worry about that).

Only a couple problems.

1. Using ‘private’ in the start function creates MANY errors so I put it where you normally would and put the “anim = gameObject.GetComponent();” in the start function.

2. I get this error : Assets/Scripts/throwDodgeball.cs(12,60): error CS0201: Only assignment, call, increment, decrement, and new object expressions can be used as a statement

Taking that out makes the ball appear but it is not thrown.
I also tried making the Update an IEnumerator so I could have a WaitForSeconds then destroy the ball to prevent overloading. It said the Update Function cannot start a Coroutine (or something like that) and wouldn’t spawn the ball anymore.

Do you know a way around that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.