Unity black screen on opening

clicking unity opens up a black window that say unity, but nothing happens.

clicking on a project opens unity perfectly, however I can not create a new project

I have reinstalled unity already and restarted everything. Idk what to do if uninstalling reinstalling doesnt work…

I don’t know how to fix this but a way to bypass this is to go to file > new project.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE THE ANSWER, BUT ITS THE ONLY WAY I COULD GET UNITY TO OPEN!

1. Go to ~/Library/Unity/Packages and deleted everything in the folder apart from package.json
  2. In terminal, type: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity -username 'emailaddress@example.com' -password 'mypassword123' -projectPath /full/path/to/project/folder
  3. This will open Unity, but this time Unity will reload everything it wants in the Packages folder. If you leave the Finder window open, you will see a folder named unity-editor-home being added. This will self destroy too.
  4. Again, the window will be black, but this time you can click New Project from the menu bar. This will pop up the window to select a licence type. Once you pick your licence, you can then close that project.
  5. Once again, in Terminal, type: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity -username 'emailaddress@example.com' -password 'mypassword123' -projectPath /full/path/to/project/folder and the project will open as usual.

You will need to open Unity with the Terminal EVERY time from now on! From what i can tell, the popup window is broken in the build. And if you happen to need to renew the licence, your stuck as it prevents you from using ANYTHING. Stupid bug, and extremely annoying. Leaving this here for others.