Unity C# - Target a Game Object (with Tag) on a Specific Vector2 Location

To start with, I have this grid:

| C1 | C2 | C3 | C4 | C5 |

| B1 | B2 | B3 | B4 | B5 |

| A1 | A2 | A3 | A4 | A5 |

I then have a GameObject with the tags “RedBlock” , “GreenBlock”, and “YellowBlock”. Now whenever a GreenBlock enters a specific location for example A3, I want to destroy that specific block/gameObject only. I was thinking about doing this:

(1) gameObject tagged with "GreenBlock" enters A3 - (2) A3 then reads the tag of that object - (3) if the tag is a "GreenBlock" declare and run a certain function - (4) That function will then "Destroy" a gameObject with a tag of "GreenBlock" that is on the vector2 position of the A3

I managed to reach step (3), but somehow I’m stuck on the step (4) since I don’t know how to exactly “point” at the A3’s location, check if a gameobject with a specific tag is there, and then delete it.

Any solutions to this? Thanks!

@DranrebKing

There are many ways to do that:

• You can assign collisions to those objects. If “Green Block” enters "A3"s collision, A3 checks if it has a specific tag, if it’s true, A3 runs the function.

void OnCollisionEnter (Collision other)

• You can check if Green Blocks position equals to A3s position, if it’s true, A3 runs the function

if(transform.position == GreenBlock.position)
{
Destroy(GreenBlock);
}

• You can use the Vector.distance script, if the distance is less than 0.1f or something like that
    destroy the greenblock