Unity crashes after setting project permissions

When I launch Unity 2.6.1 on Snow Leopard, it shows me the project wizard. After Selecting or creating a project it asks me to set permissions of project folder. I enter an administrator name and password, but right after that unity crashes without any error.

Do you know of any work around?

I have same behavior on snow leopard (case sensitive). This is the content of the log in Library/Logs/Unity/Editor.log :

Initialize mono 2010-02-02 15:29:35.318 Unity[958:207] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'. projectPath.empty()

(Filename: /Users/build/builds/unity-26/unity-2.6.x/Projects/../Editor/Src/ProjectWizardUtility.cpp Line: 184)

path.empty () || path[0] != kPathNameSeparator

(Filename: /Users/build/builds/unity-26/unity-2.6.x/Projects/../Editor/Platform/OSX/EditorUtility.mm Line: 421)

Usage: verify_permissions [--is-unity-project] [--fix-permissions] [--uid=USER_ID] PROJECT_PATH [PROJECT_PATH2 [...]] ' is not a valid directory path ' Usage: verify_permissions [--is-unity-project] [--fix-permissions] [--uid=USER_ID] PROJECT_PATH [PROJECT_PATH2 [...]] Usage: verify_permissions [--is-unity-project] [--fix-permissions] [--uid=USER_ID] PROJECT_PATH [PROJECT_PATH2 [...]]

*Authorized fix permissions failed****

Couldn't change permissions

(Filename: /Users/build/builds/unity-26/unity-2.6.x/Projects/../Editor/Src/Argv.cpp Line: 80)

Unity(958,0xa0a54500) malloc: * error for object 0x3600000: pointer being freed was not allocated * set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

I have the same problem:

Initialize mono 2010-03-30 22:05:31.220 Unity[4715:207] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'. projectPath.empty()

(Filename: /Users/build/builds/unity-26/unity-2.6.x/Projects/../Editor/Src/ProjectWizardUtility.cpp Line: 184)

path.empty () || path[0] != kPathNameSeparator

(Filename: /Users/build/builds/unity-26/unity-2.6.x/Projects/../Editor/Platform/OSX/EditorUtility.mm Line: 421)

Usage: verify_permissions [--is-unity-project] [--fix-permissions] [--uid=USER_ID] PROJECT_PATH [PROJECT_PATH2 [...]] ' is not a valid directory path '

Have you tried manually changing the permissions from the finder, as well as repairing the permissions on your disk from disk utility? I'm also using Snow Leopard, and have no such issues.

I had a weird issue where I was using CreateVisualStudioSolution, and it somehow created a circular symlink to Assets within the Assets folder. Just deleting it seemed to do the trick.

I had that problem before when i tried to edit a project located on my windows boot camp partition using my OSX install of unity3d.

My solution was to copy the project over to my mac partition.

Something that worked for me was to disable the firewall on your mac >system pref>security>and turn off firewall.

I hope this helps for you and everyone else with this problem

K

Still have that issue :( Firewall is off.

Try ... Right click your project folder. Then click "get info". Unlock the padlock and make sure that "staff" and "everyone" are set to "Read & Write" or "Read Only" ( whichever you prefer ). Then click the "gear box" button to the right of the "+/-" buttons and click on "apply to enclosed items". See if that does the trick.

If it doesn't work you can try Repair Permissions in Disk Utility

Not sure what else to suggest as im primarily a windows/nix user

This is purely an issue with case-sensitive filesystems.

I just started messing around with Unity and I had to do the following it get it to work (ugly hack warning):

1. Open Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility
  2. Click New Image
  3. Enter `unity-disk` for Save As
  4. Select `Documents` for Where
  5. Enter `unity` for Name
  6. Select a size big enough for all your projects, assets and the unity application (I did 10G)
  7. Select `Mac OS Extended (Journaled)` for Format
  8. Select `none` for Encryption
  9. Select `Single partition - Apple Partition Map` for Partition
  10. Select `sparse disk image` for Image Format
  11. Click Create
  12. Open the Applications directory and copy the Unity directory to the unity mount (should be on the Desktop)
  13. Open Applications->Utilities->Terminal
  14. Run the following commands

`cd /

ln -s /Volumes/unity`

15. Open the Unity application from the unity mount

16. Create a new project in `/unity/`

Notes:

• You will need to mount the `~/Documents/unity-disk.sparseimage` disk before you can use Unity (just double click)
  • The Open Project frame in the Project Wizard window will display both `/Volumes/unity/` and `/unity/`, you must alway use `/unity/`
  • This is a horrible hack and I have no idea if it could hurt/destroy your data, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This is kind of old, but for those who prefer old versions of Unity like me… it doesn’t seem to like broken symlinks very much. 3.4.2 crashes in similar fashion if you happen to have a broken symlink in your project folder. Getting rid of the broken link solved the problem for me.