Unity for Android in a Linux Environment

I’m evaluating development tools for some graphical (rather than game) development on Android; Unity looks ideal in that it’s fast and portable. I’ve got plenty of experience developing for Android and I’ve been through the “getting started on Android” sections but I’m still having difficulty understanding how Unity integrates with the Android build environment.

Our development platform is Linux using the IntelliJ IDE rather than Eclipse. Now, whilst I know IntelliJ doesn’t currently support Android NDK development, you can get around this with ant scripts. So, I would expect there is some way to set up an ant build for the Unity NDK components.

What I can’t seem to find out is if there is a straight library / set of Java packages I can download to use Unity. Every “Download SDK” link I’ve tried so far takes me to the Android SDK itself rather than something for Unity Also, the ful Unity development platform downloads only seem to be set up for Windows or Mac platforms rather than Linux.

So, my question is: Can someone point me to a blow by blow installation mechanism for the Unity-for-Android components or give me a definitive answer as to whether one can build Unity apps on a Linux development platform for an Android target platform?

give me a definitive answer as to whether one can build Unity apps on a Linux development platform for an Android target platform?

Since Unity Technologies do not offer the Unity Editor for Linux, you may try running Unity with Wine on your Linux development platform. There are even reports of getting the Android SDK to work with it.
See the community set up wiki page - http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/Running_Unity_on_Linux_through_Wine

Some users at the threat attached to the page mention having Android SDK working.

this is old, unity runs on linux and you can build for android also