Unity how to use Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll

I want to save the data to word documents, how to use?

i think the whole Interop stuff will not work correctly with Mono.

But here is a link that may help you: Interop with Native Libraries | Mono

Dear @1095794607,
I realize I am probably pretty late with this, but I have been using the powerpoint version of this, and may be able to help. First off, to get this .dll file, it depends on whether you’re using MonoDevelop, or Visual Studios.

For MonoDevelop, which is what I use, you will need to download the .dll from somewhere online, which is a tricky business, unless you know which ones to pick. Fortunately, there are a few sites out there, namely dllyes.com, and dllme.com. Just search for the .dll in the search bar, and choose it from the results. If you’re using Visual Studios, you can go to Solution Explorer and right click your project’s name. Click Add Reference. On the assemblies page, select Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word, and then I think you should be able to click OK after that.

Now that that’s done, you should be able to put:

using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word;

At the top of your script. After that’s done, you can use the functions and properties that come with the namespace. More on that is available at:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.word.document.aspx.

However, a few things you might want to consider:
a. Using a .txt file instead of using word will, in the long run, be much easier, save time and money, and, most importantly, return less errors. To use a .txt file, just use System.IO.

b. Another thing that may happen is that you might run into the following problem: If you use a Microsoft Word dependent save system, there is a chance that it will throw errors if you attempt to run it on any system that doesn’t have Microsoft Word installed.

I hope this helped, and if you need any more help, just ask. Again, sorry for being late, I hope you get this.

Hi there,

Actually I am currently trying to do a very similar thing - using Powerpoint.
so I could download the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Powerpoint Dll from Nugget (just right click on your Project, click on “Manage Nuget Packages” (in german: Nuget Pakete verwalten)
enter Microsoft.office.interop.powerpoint
it downloads it to your project folder under packages
you can copy this dll to the Assets folder, then it should be automatically added to your references.
(don’t download dlls from shady websites, it might be a trap!)

Now it should work.

The last problem I see is Microsoft.Office.Core.
It might lead the editor to crash - at least on my system (Unity 5.6.3p2) does anyone have a solution to that?

yours

Max Aigner

I solve games DLL errors using Download Drivers guides. They are really helpful …