Unity is not updating my scripts

I recently have run into a problem where Unity will let me modify and create new scripts, save them, but not apply any changes in the game. For example, I modified a script that previously asked for Gameobject Variable in the Inspector to now ask for a String. The script saved, and shows up every time I look at it Unitron, but the Inspector still is using the old version of the code. I can't figure out how to get it to realize that the script has changed. This is also applicable to new code, as I can write and save new .JS files but Unity will not recognize that they exist beyond in the Project pane. I assume there is a problem with permissions but I can't figure out where. How do I kickstart Unity into reading my new files?

I have worked with this project on several computers, tried reimporting all assets, and even tried on a PC (I work with Macs primarily).

The problem was a misplaced semi-colon in a main menu script.

var NewGame_Level : String = "beepoc_test_level";
var Instr_Level : String = "instructions";

function Update()
{
    if( Input.GetButton("Jump") )
    {
        Application.LoadLevel(NewGame_Level);
    } //END IF NEW GAME

if( Input.GetButton("XBOX_Y") )
    {
        Application.LoadLevel(Instr_Level);
    } //END IF INSTRUCTIONS

if( Input.GetButton("XBOX_B") )
    {
        Application.Quit();
    }//END IF QUIT
}//END FUNCTION Update

@script RequireComponent(CharacterController)  // <-- There was a semi colon here.  This prohibited all other scripts from compiling any changes.

You should try going to Edit>Preferences>External Then from there select your script modifier program. If that doesn’t work then I don’t know what to tell you :frowning: