Hi. I was trying to make a simple game for mobile phone with timer text and score text. Everything displayed perfectly in the editor, but when I tested it on my Android phone, the text is displayed strangely. Here is the image for details:
and here is my current text and canvas settings on the inspector if that helps:
and for editing resolution, I used WGA Potrait (480x800). So, it should be matched with my phone resolution. I really need your help. Thank you
note: I have tried turning on the “Best Fit” setting for my text but it doesn’t help
The issue is that the font family / style you are using isn’t available on the device, and so is emulated using the nearest match on the device – a fair number of Android devices don’t have a Bold version of Droid Sans (the default mapping on Android for Arial in Unity), so if you are using the default Arial font, you can’t rely on a bold version being available.
You have a couple of options available to you:
- You can limit yourself to non-bold and non-italic versions of the default font (Arial), and it should work on nearly all devices.
- You can embed the font data into your Unity project. Google has a family of fonts called Roboto that you can use for Android development, and if often already on many devices.
- You may be able to simply switch to Roboto without embedding if you can guarantee a minimum Android version for your app. See more about the font Roboto here: Material Design
Well, I see you have in the text parameter to change the font size dependiento the size of the object; when you switch to android, the screen size is smaller; you would have to work with a display size of your cell “base”, “resolution” to get an idea of how it would end …
not if you work with the parameters output screen. espesificarle better output parameters which deses so that the end fits you as you wish