I open Unity Hub, select the project, it launches the splash screen, then begins to load the editor, the loading bar appears and starts filling, and then Unity just closes. No error messages appear at all.
The project is collab enabled.
It consists of only scripts and a few standard materials and simple GameObject prefabs (just sprite renderers with default tile textures).
Some Hub processes are still running in task manager after the close.
So far I’ve tried:
- Deleting the project’s Lock file and attempting a restart - issue persisted.
- Restarting my PC - issue persisted.
- Ending processes in task manager and restarting - issue persisted.
- Building the project solution in visual studio to check for errors - no errors found, build successful
- Upgrading the project to the latest version of Unity (from 2019.3.12f1 to 2019.4.1f1) - issue persisted.
- Backing up my changes, removing the project from the list in Hub, re-downloading from collab and re-importing my changes - the project opened, until i tried to open one of my custom editor windows and then the issue re-occurred
- Revoking and re-allocating my unity teams seat on the project in the project Dashboard - issue persisted.
- Copying my scripts across into a blank project to check for compiler errors - no errors found, the issue hasn’t yet re-occurred.
I’m writing this post because i’m dreading the issue continuing in a fresh project, and ideally i would like to not keep creating brand new projects and setting up collab and re-allocating seats every time this happens.
It’s entirely unclear to me as to whether the issue is with my code, or with the project, or some licensing error, or something else.
Can anybody shed some light? Happy to post more info, but not sure what would be relevant.