Updated to unity 5.4.1f1 and ui buttons aren't working

I am using world space canvases, they worked before updating, but now they aren’t interactable in any sense. They aren’t even showing they are being moused over… they simple just aren’t working now.

Anyone run into a similar issue or know of a possible fix? I know it’s not a lot of information…

EDIT : After more troubleshooting, I found out that if I hit escape and unlock the cursor (I’m using the unity first person controller) the free moving mouse can activate the UI just fine, but if the cursor is locked, it now can’t access ui elements. This is a problem for my game, I need it to work like it used to, where the center of the screen, where the cursor is locked, can activate UI elements.

Thanks!

WELP, I found a solution and it’s really odd, but it works.

I was attempting to find a work around where the player could hold a key, then the mouse would appear and they could interact with the ui (they are computer screens in my game, so it wouldn’t have been too awkward to do it that way), and I found out that if you just set the cursor to lock, then to constrained, it works like it used to… super weird.

So in the mouse look script, attached to the FPS controller script, find this function and change it to this:

Normally the Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Confined; wouldn’t be under the Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked; bit, but for some reason, have them both set makes it work like it used to.

private void InternalLockUpdate()
            {
                if (Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.Escape))
                {
                    m_cursorIsLocked = false;
                }
                else if (Input.GetMouseButtonUp(0))
                {
                    m_cursorIsLocked = true;
                }
    
                if (m_cursorIsLocked)
                {
                    Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked;
                    Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Confined;
                    Cursor.visible = false;
                }
                else if (!m_cursorIsLocked)
                {
                    Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.None;
                    Cursor.visible = true;
                }
            }

This is crazy, just bumped into the same problem and hack fix in 5.5.0
Can someone explain this. Looks like something for the unity bug team.