Upgrade the Unity IAP package to Use billing Library 6.+

Hi, Hope everyone doing great!

We are currently facing an issue regarding Unity IAP package, the package uses Google Billing library 5.2.1 in their latest package. The Google Play Store now throwing a Red Warning with a deadline of 1st August to update the Google Billing Library to 6 or newer.

I hope that every other studio that using same Unity IAP package for IAP is looking for the solution. I hope that this post reached out to unity team and they will update the Billing library in their Unity IAP package as soon as possible.

13 Likes

i am facing same issue, can you find the solution?

@Brothers-Studio They have updated the unity package, please check the package manager. 4.12.0

1 Like

I don’t have this update, Unity version 2022.3.22f1.

I am using 2022.3.12f1 and the latest version of IAP is 4.11.0. Do I need 2023 or is there any way to pull the package from git?

1 Like

Solution here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-do-i-use-iap-4-12-0.1598904/

1 Like

Go to Package-Manager and click on + icon and choose add package by name and add the package name like this com.unity.purchasing and in the version add 4.12.0.
The package will start adding in your project.

3 Likes

Adding the IAP 4.12.0 solves the problem.

If you export the Android project you can see that the billing library 6.2.1 is added in the build.gradle. However this one could also become obsolete soon. The latest version is already 7.0.0. Hope Unity will update to the version 7.x as soon as possible.

By the way, the deadline is 31st August 2024 and you can ask for the extension until 1st November 2024.

This did it for me thank you!!

But after trying to build had gradle and duplicate dependencies issues. Any fix for this?