The title set the context, I just upgraded to Unity 5. However, the animation doesn’t work as before. As you can in the picture, I have 7 clips in that Animator tab. In the Inspector tab, it shows clip count is 4. And that’s the same number in my drop down menu when I click on the object and open Animation windows. I have another object with same problem, I just redo the animations for that and it worked. Can anyone point me what to do, I have many animations, this is just one object. It would take so much time for the whole project.
Also, a side note, how do you move left and right in the Animator window. I just got stuck at one place and have to drag the clips to see them.
After fiddling with many things with animation, I got the answer for my question.
- Machine state is not animation clip. When creating an animation clip, a machine state with the same name is also created but not vice versa. That’s why it’s nature to assume that animation clip and machine state is the same thing.
- In Animator windows is machine state.
- In Inspector for Animator and Animation window is animation clip count
- 3 of my machine state does not contain a motion clip, it broke down somewhere during upgrade, fixing upgrade problem, and God knows what, etc.
- I fixed by go to select machine state in Animator window, click to pick Motion, double click (single click and enter will NOT work) on animation clip I want to associate with that machine state.
- There will be time you CANNOT select the motion clip that you want even when you can see it in selection window due to different settings. I encountered that, go to Debug mode (under Normal in drop down menu next to the lock in Inspector window), play around a bit (legacy, etc.).