Using Parse for uploading Unity3d games to Facebook

Hi,
I’ve created a game in Unity3d and uploaded it to Kongregate, which wasn’t a problem at all. Now I’d like to upload the same game to Facebook, and for that I’ve consulted the documentation available: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/unity/getting-started/canvas/. In the video on this page, a service called Parse is used to upload the Unity3d file. I’ve checked out this service, but I can’t seem to figure out how it works. Can anyone explain how exactly you upload your file to Parse, or show me an alternative if you know one?

Thank you,

Arne Gevaert

bear in mind that parse is much more than just somewhere to host your game files (it allow you to save games to the web, push notifications, high scores etc)

check out the quick start here:

to summarise:

• Create parse account with a password for authentication (set that up in the dashboard)

• In the dashboard create a new project

• Download/install the parse console tool

• Create a parse project using the parse command line tool, something like “parse new [project dir]”, it will ask you for your parse credentials when creating it

• In the newly created folder/files there’s a public folder, drop the files you want to upload here

• run the parse tool again (from the newly created project folder) with the command “parse deploy” (no additional parameters required here)

At this point the files should be uploading, once complete you’ll be able to get a URL to specific files

At this point the files should be
uploading, once complete you’ll be
able to get a URL to specific files

Uploaded successfully but how to find url for uploaded file…any help?