VR - Collision despite istrigger is set as on

So I have been prototyping a physical inventory for the player where it uses ontriggerenter and exit and check if player is grabbing an object or not (!= null // = null etc) and if the player drops a grabbable object onto the sphere that is a child of the player, the sphere will parent it and will essentially stick onto the player until they grab it with the controller and rigid body constraints are set to none again.

Okay, so my problem is testing this in different unity versions is a little different regarding collisions. On 2018.2.8f1 when I grab the object and begin to place it on the spheres, the spheres dont retract away (I can simply place the object onto them without any issue) whereas I import the same assets onto a a copy project using 2018.3.0f1 and I try to place the object onto the spheres, the spheres would rebound away (move around) as soon as the box collider makes contact with it.

Any ideas?

okay so just an edit, seems to be the ovr player prefabs collider and not the spheres. Is there any way to stop this from happening?