Wait until a key is pressed inside a loop

hi, i’m a little new in unity and can do basic things with c# and i have a question. I have a script that instantiates a blockPrefab to one of the 8 spawnPoints. Then there are cubePrefab that are instantiated in front of the blockPrefab. For example, if the BlockPrefab is instantiated at spawnPoint 3 then a cubePrefab is instantiated at spawnPoint 2 and a second at spawnPoint 1 and so on until spawnPoint 0. But I want the cubePrefab to be instantiated one after the other when the user presses the button “space”. In the previous example the user will have to press the “space” button 3 times to instantiate the 3 cubePrefab. But in my code the script does not wait for me to click the button “space” and generate blockPrefab without stopping …
So to recap my script works fine and does what I want. Except that I would like the cubePrefab spawn only if I click on “space” and the code waits before continuing.
Do you have an idea?
thank you a lot

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class montagneSpawner : MonoBehaviour
{
    private int randomIndex;
    public Transform[] spawnPoints; // spawnPoints for blockPrefab
    public GameObject blockPrefab;
    public Transform[] cubeSpawnPoints; //spawnpoints for cubePrefab
    public GameObject cubePrefab; 

void Update()
    {

SpawnBlocks();

}

void SpawnBlocks()
    {
      int randomIndex = Random.Range(0, spawnPoints.Length); // choose a spawnPoint position

Instantiate(blockPrefab, spawnPoints[randomIndex].position, Quaternion.identity); //instantiate blockPrefab to one of the 8 spawnPoints

//instantitate cubePrefab
      for (int i = 0; i != randomIndex+1; i++)
        {
         // if (Input.GetKeyDown("space")) I tried this if statement but it didn't wait that I pressed the "space" and instantiate only the blockPrefab
            //{
              Instantiate(cubePrefab, cubeSpawnPoints*.position, Quaternion.identity);//instantiate cubePrefab until all spawnPoint are full*

// }

}
}

}

In your Update put this:

if(Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Space))
        {
            SpawnBlocks();
        }

Also, for more information on the Input system, go to: