(WARNING) Unity Asset Store is eating money

I wouldn’t normally post this here but my support ticket just informed me that they are seeing delayed response times of up to 19 days. Considering that I just paid 3x for a tool that I never even received I figure this is worth mentioning here in the hopes someone important sees it.

Long story short, I went to buy a tool. Typical checkout stuff, filled in my info. But when I clicked Pay I received an error message: Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank.

So I switched to paypal. Except I got the same error message there. Since I was really wanting to continue with the tutorial I’m working through I re-entered my credit card info. Same error. So for one last time I switched browsers (Firefox → chrome) in case it was a browser issue. This time I switched cards. Same error.

No big deal, something is broken and they’ll get it fixed eventually, right? Nope. I get 3x notifications from my bank that I made a purchase. 2x on the first and 1x on the second. To add insult to injury, I don’t even have access to the tool I tried to purchase… Aargh.

I share this both as a warning and in the hopes to get the problem looked at faster. As I would be shocked if I was the only one having the issue. I titled it this way cause it kinda feels like the drink I bought in the vending machine the other day. Water bottle fell out of the grabber and I never received it but still got charged anyways…

same here did u get money back