Webcam capatibility not work on publish setting

Hello everyone,

I use Unity 2019.3.7f1 with MRTK 2.3.0 to make video chat app.
In publish setting I’v selected Webcam and Microphone capatibility and some other stuff. When I launch app in hololens2, I’v an error in dev console that said you need to select webcam capatibility etc.
If I launch the capture video off device it’s black screen, But I can see the video off my other mobile device on hololens2…

How can correct this ?

Thanks for help

[quote]
In publish setting I'v selected Webcam and Microphone capatibility and some other stuff.
[/quote]

Did you make this change in the Editor before building your UWP Visual Studio project?

If you already generated the VS project, this change won't take effect because Unity doesn't want to modify an existing project, i.e. we don't want to blow away any changes you might have made directly to the project. Instead, open the Package.manifest file in Visual Studio and add the Webcam and Microphone capabilities there.

1 Like

Thanks, works fine now with VS modification :slight_smile: but now I’v second problem;

Error: Operation has failed with error 0xc00d36e6: The requested attribute was not found. (C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/MetroWebCamTexture.cpp:WebCamTexture::Update at 613)

Best,

The error is coming from our IMFMediaSink implementation (MediaFoundation), and from reviewing the HoloLens specific section when processing IMFSamples, it appears the attempt to retrieve the MRC_SAMPLE_ATTR_CAM_TO_REFERENCE_FRAME_TRANSFORM and MRC_SAMPLE_ATTR_CAMERA_PROJECTION_MATRIX attributes is failing.

My guess is you also need to set the "Gaze" Capability in order to get this data from the video frame. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend asking about this in HoloDevelopers Slack channel. https://holodevelopersslack.azurewebsites.net/

Nevertheless, Unity shouldn't be bubbling this error up, which prevents video playback, since the data is optional. Could you please file a bug for this issue?

Thanks timke,
already exist in manifest
Bug already exist too: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/webcamtexture-doesnt-work-on-hololens-2

Thanks for the link to the bug, I'll update it with the info from my investigation.

1 Like

Are there any updates on this ? having this issue in 2019 4.9f1

[quote]
Are there any updates on this ? having this issue in 2019 4.9f1
[/quote]
The fix for the error message:"Error: Operation has failed with error 0xc00d36e6" should be in the current 2019.4 release (will double-check that).

Can you please clarify exactly what problem you're having?

Hello! I get the same issue! Black quad with the message 0xc00d36e6: The requested attribute was not found.
Unity v: 2019.4.9f1
PlatformDependent\MetroPlayer\MetroWebCamTexture.cpp
WebCamTexture::Update at 613 If that is any help!

Thanks for confirming the issue still repros; I've reactivated the bug.

Hello!
Any updates on this issue?

Hey,

Thanks for pinging this thread, I don't know why the public issuetracker link no longer works for this case. The bug number (for future reference) is 1230750.

Anyway, the fix has been backported to 2019.4.13f1 release, which should be the next 2019 LTS update.

1 Like

Today I check New update. And Test issue.
But Same Error at PlatformDependent\MetroPlayer\MetroWebCamTexture.cpp
WebCamTexture::Update at 613

Anything I check another??

According to the 2019.4.13f release notes this should have been fixed:
[quote]
XR: Fixed incorrect projection and camera reference when using WebCamTexture on HoloLens 2.
[/quote]

Are you getting the exact same error message and code?
[quote]
"Error: Operation has failed with error 0xc00d36e6"
[/quote]

Did you perform a "clean" UWP build from Unity, i.e. build form Unity to a new folder, to make sure you're not using any old code?

I don't have a HoloLens2 and can't check myself, but I'll ping the XR team to let them know you're still having trouble.

Hello everyone,

I heard you were still having issues with webcam texture so our engineer and myself started to review the code and our first code change we released in 2019.4.13f1 and we identified an error handler we totally missed. With that, we didn't actually fix the bug like we thought so we are cooking up a fix and should have it out in the next release. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your patience.

I appreciate the effort, but please keep in mind that your users might have deadlines too. Please let us know the exact date the fix is rolling out so we can take action accordingly.
Many Thanks

Is there any estimate on when that fix will be available? We are also having issues with this bug in Unity 2020.1.10
Thanks!

Currently our 2019.4 fix has landed in 19.4.14f1 and our 2020 change will be different because it's a package change to the Windows MR XR SDK package as opposed to 2019.4 which is a change in the core editor code. That means that fix will be going through the system in the coming days, our engineer is working on that this week it sounds like but we will try to keep you updated on the progress of that fix.

When is 19.4.14f1 going to be released? I still have not heard back from anyone yet.

Try this, looks like it released yesterday in fact
http://beta.unity3d.com/download//4037e52648cd/download.html