what am I doing wrong in if statement comparison

Hello all and wonderful day to you! I have been writing a script that takes a cube, changes its color with a random one Then is supposed to find a gameObjects tag on the cube. If the cube has face1 as its tag then it should turn Face1_Audio back to original audio volume (unmute). while it turns Face2_Audio to mute. and vise versa for the else if. I’m not sure if I’m calling for the game tag incorrect or if I should be referencing this in another manner with the if statement. As of right now this is unresponsive besides the changing of the color so I have narrowed it down to these if statements. All help or advice is much appreciated!

using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.EventSystems;
using UnityEngine.UI;
using System.Collections;

public class Cameleon : MonoBehaviour, IPointerEnterHandler

{
    public AudioSource Face1_Audio;  // calling from audio source 1
    public AudioSource Face2_Audio;  // calling from audio sourc 2
    GameObject gameobject;

public void OnPointerEnter(PointerEventData eventData) // is gaze creating a pointerevent
    {

string Face = gameObject.tag;

//  PointerEventData lastPress; // the GameObject for the last press event

GetComponent<Renderer>().material.color = new Color(Random.value, Random.value, Random.value, 1.0f); // assignes the values of random to the new color

if (Face == "Face1") // comparing last press event with face_1 if  true then 
            {

Face1_Audio.mute = true; // sound back to original
            Face2_Audio.mute = false;  // mute audio Still play

} 
         else if (Face == "Face2")
        {

Face1_Audio.mute = false; // mute audio still play
            Face2_Audio.mute = true;  // sound back to original

}         
    }
}

You have muted and unmuted audio without trying to Play() it. Also, rather than muting I would use Stop().