What could be causing my super low performance on my Android tablet?

On my Android phone I don’t have any performance issues, but on my tablet, a lenovo a10-70f, it’s horrible. I tried with a nexus tablet, and again, performance issue. I have the issue with both 5.1.3 and 5.2.2.

My scene has quite a few world space canvases, but other than that, I can’t think of what could be the issue. If you take a look at the profiler, you see a performance hit, being the “profiler.finalizeandsendframe”. But when I turn off development build, I have a just as horrible performance. When I open an extra menu, the performance drops even harder. So it seems a canvas problem, but the profiler doesn’t show canvas issues.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

You have to use forward rendering on mobile devices.
I had the same slowdown problems, also only on some devices…turned out that deferred rendering was the problem.

I think I figured it out! It’s the profiler itself! Close all of those threads except for the “CPU Usage” one and collect new data on it. Then post your screen, I would like to see how much it changes your graph.

The profiler can reduce the FPS slightly but for Android builds with Unity 5 you need to untick Auto Graphics API and make sure you only use OpenGLS 2.0, you can find this option in the Player Settings → Select Android Tab → Other Settings