What is causing the Abs(dist - shadowRadius ) error?

The error doesn’t seem to happen while I’m preview/playing my scene, only when I’m navigating my scene in the editor. Since it’s an “assert in file” error I’m having a hard time tracking down the culprit.

The error doesn’t seem to affect performance (since the scene isn’t running when the error pops), and I can clear the error from the console immediately after it pops.

Haven’t been able to find any info on this error in my web and forum searches. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the complete error:

Abs(dist - shadowRadius) < 0.001f * shadowRadius

UnityEditor.Handles:Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid(Camera, Int32, DrawGridParameters&)
UnityEditor.Handles:DrawCameraImpl(Rect, Camera, DrawCameraMode, Boolean, DrawGridParameters, Boolean) (at C:/unity/Editor/MonoGenerated/Editor/EditorHandles.cs:596)
UnityEditor.Handles:DrawCameraStep1(Rect, Camera, DrawCameraMode, DrawGridParameters) (at C:/unity/Editor/MonoGenerated/Editor/EditorHandles.cs:612)
UnityEditor.SceneView:OnGUI() (at C:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:680)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object, Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object, CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object)
UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object) (at C:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:228)
UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at C:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:221)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI() (at C:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:649)
[C:/unity/Runtime/Camera/Shadows.cpp line 606]

edit

Discovered it’s the one light that casts shadows in my scene that’s causing the issue. I’d like to keep the shadows. There’s got to be a setting somewhere that will alleviate this issue, right?

[4654-11-2-12(theculprit).jpg|4654]

[4655-11-2-12(thesettings).jpg|4655]

EDIT

My system info. I should have included this in the original post…

Unity Pro versions 3.5.2f2 and 3.3.0f3
(0) Dell Precision M6400, Win 7 Pro
64 bit SP1 x2 Intel Q9100 @ 2.26 GHz ,
8GB RAM NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M, 4GB
RAM, DirectX 11.0

I have literally no experience with this, but my one suggestion:

Is the light in exactly the same position as something else? Try nudging it to the side a bit. It sounds like something is trying to render a shadow within (too close) of the light source.

If that doesn’t do anything, is the light aligned along an axis? (X/Y/Z rotations = multiples of 90) Try rotating it by a degree, maybe there’s a divide-by-zero-style thing going on.