What is this error and how can I fix it?

Ok, so I am trying to make a character customization screen, where you can change clothes, height, and skin color and whatnot. And I am having a lot of trouble with the changing in faces and skin color, for each thing there is the same error.

MissingComponentException: There is no ‘Renderer’ attached to the “PC” game object, but a script is trying to access it. You probably need to add a Renderer to the game object “PC”. Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it.

Here is the code i am using for the skin color. Is there something I should add or something I am not doing right?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks

public void LoadSkinColor() {
characterMaterialMesh.renderer.materials[ (int)CharacterMaterialIndex.Face ].mainTexture = Resources.Load( GameSetting2.HEAD_TEXTURE_PATH + “head_” + GameSetting2.LoadHeadIndex() + “_” + GameSetting2.LoadSkinColor() + “.human”) as Texture;
}

As Voncarp said, add a MeshRenderer component to the GameObject named “PC”.

I’m simply pasting this answer here so that the question can be marked as “Answered”. If either of the original guys who answered the question want the points feel free to post your answer officially and I’ll delete this one.

The problem is that if you are using a later version of frogames commoners and warriors, they use only one material for the character mesh instead of 5 like in the version petey is using.