What type of Rigidbody/collider should I use with a road?

Hello Unity experts,

I am making a simulation using roads, and I want to optimize performance. I thought that I should use a 2d rigidbody set to static, and that should fulfill my needs, however the car falls through the object so I am not sure what to use. My understanding is that colliders are only necessary for objects that move? Please help!

Sorry for the basic question…


I would use a box collider. I’m still quite new to unity but surely if you want the car to make contact with the road, it needs to have a collider on.