When will the Input System be functional again? Broken/unresponsive since 2020.2.0b4

Any ETA on when the Input System will be brought back to life in Unity 2020.2.0bx ?
Since 2020.2.0b4 neither the Input System nor UI Input module respond anymore, leaving games basically brain-dead.

This has not been fixed in the latest update.

1 Like

Hi @zapposh ,

Can you please submit a bug report for this issue and reply in here with the issue ID?

I had this same issue and noticed that my input system setting in player settings got reset to the old system. https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.inputsystem@1.0/manual/Installation.html#enabling-the-new-input-backends

Then after you change that back on the EventSystem ui game object click the button to replace the input handling system with the new component.

After i did those changes my project is working again on latest beta.

3 Likes

Confirming that the issue for me was also that Unity switched the Player setting back to the Old Input System, when I am currently using both, so switching it back to Both rectified the issue.

2 Likes

On a somewhat related note, I had this slew of errors resurface whenever I tried to do just about anything involving the Input System after I updated to the beta.
6401659--714206--Input Asset.gif
Pretty sure it's related to this dormant old issue (which seems to have a pull request with an apparent fix already).
After I removed all traces of virtual joysticks from my PC, the input system became usable again, although that's hardly the ideal solution.

We'd really appreciate a reproduction project that demonstrates these automatic settings changes. The settings are not expected to change like that.