Where do I install a Build on my Android phone?

I ran Build and created a .apk file successfully. I have enabled the Security setting to allow installing non-Play Store apps.

Where do I put the .apk file on my phone so that it shows up as an app?

You can put it anywhere as long as you can navigate to it on your phone.

An easier way is to to turn on usb debugging on your phone then plug it into your computer.

Go to your player settings and choose to force internal install.

Then choose build and run from the build settings.

Unity will build your project, install it on your phone and run it.

I had trouble enabling USB debugging, so I did this:

1. On your phone, go to Security → Allow installation of apps from unknown sources How to install apps outside of Google Play - CNET

2. Build your .apk file somewhere on your computer (I built mine to the desktop so I could find it easily)

3. Plug your phone in to the computer through a USB cable

4. You may have to select “transfer files” on your phone (Mine just charges automatically but does not transfer files unless I tap this)

5. Copy/Paste the .apk file somewhere onto your phone ( I did “Downloads” because that’s easy to find)

6. Open Downloads on your phone and try to find the file. If you can’t find it, install a file explorer system such as Astro File. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en For some reason, my apk file didn’t show up in the Downloads folder, but did show up in Astro File.

7. Double-tap on the .apk file, confirm that you want to install it

8. At least for me, a shortcut did not appear on the regular screen desktop thingy where all my regular apps have icons. But I can still access it through “Search Apps” or the screen of apps that appears when you hit the ^ carrot at the bottom of the screen.
    For reference, I am running Android Nougat (7.0) on a Motorola Moto G (5) Plus, and my Unity version is 5.6.1f1.