I’m using a Tower Defense Template from Unity Technologies and I’m facing an issue.
Running this game template on Windows platform it’s working like a charm, but when I’m switching to Android platform white tiles/squares are displayed on the screen. This behavior is happening only in Play mode in Scene, Game and Device Simulator views.
Running this package in different versions of Unity have the following behavior:
- 2020.3.48f1 LTS is working great without any issue
- 2021.3.23f1 LTS the issue is present
- 2022.2.10f1 LTS the issue is present
After some investigations, i found out that:
- disabling the directional light or changing it’s color to a darker one the white tiles are gone.
- disabling the particles effects also some tiles are gone.
- modifying shaders to Mobile/Unlit improve things and make some tiles to disappear.
Using standard shaders or any other buit-in shader doesn’t change anything.
Could be a rendering issue? If yes what settings should i change and where?
Any hint, tip or help is welcome!