Why am i getting this? NullReferenceException because of UnityEditor.GridPaintingState.UnregisterPainterInterest

So i am working on a little game project and was using unity 2017.2 when the new version 2017.3 was out i just had to get it. That all purpose tool is gold.

There is only one problem though. I’m getting this error in my projects. Even when i start a new project the error is there. I have looked around and found that usually people get this kind of error when they for example forgot to link one of their public variables to an object back in unity. But i don’t understand why i’m receiving it.

Here is the full error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.GridPaintingState.UnregisterPainterInterest (UnityEngine.Object painter) (at 
C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/TilemapEditor/Editor/Managed/Grid/GridPaintingState.cs:197)
UnityEditor.GridPaintPaletteWindow.OnDisable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/TilemapEditor/Editor/Managed/Grid/GridPaintPaletteWindow.cs:565)

Edit: I’ve added a screenshot of the error. It only shows up when the Tile Palette window is open and every time i hit play.

I have the exact same problem, no solution I know of yet. Neither can I get raycasting to work.

I got this error too.

I just opened up the palette you’re using in the inspector and set a layer on it. It disappeared for me after that.