Why are my initial coordinates of a newly created object without a parent not Zero?

My initial coordinates of a newly created object without a parent not 0,0,0 they’re supposed to be at the origin. Instead they are some random number.

And how can I set them to zero without moving the object to some arbitrary location?

I tried changing local to global in the scene, but it didnt affect those.

What caused them to be these random numbers?

The floor is centered at (0,0,0)

Thanks

Toggle this on

Objects in the Unity editor are always created at the camera pivot point. The pivot point is in the center of the camera view and is the point the camera orbits around when you hold the ALT key. Using the mousewheel does not change the pivot, just moves the camera closer / further away from the pivot. When you use WASD to move around, you actually move the pivot.

When you select an object in the scene and press “F” (with the mouse over the scene view), that pivot would be moved to that object’s position. So if you want to create objects at (0,0,0), create an empty gameobject, move it to (0,0,0), select it and press F to align / “focus” the camera on that object. Newly created objects will be placed there.