My first post here - very happy to be a part of it.
So, obviously I’m a beginner. And I’m trying to figure out some of the pipeline involved with custom assets.
Here’s my reproduction steps:
- (in Blender) save a “cube.blend” from Blender into my Unity project Assets directory
- (in Unity3D) “cube” automatically shows up in my Project view as expected
- (in Blender) tweak a couple vertices and re-save “cube.blend”
- (in Unity3D) “cube” is automatically updated as I would expect
- (in Unity3D) however, in the Project view, additional “cube” GameObjects(?) show up
- (in Finder) I now have “cube.blend” and “cube.blend1”, and “cube.blend2” if I make additional changes to the source file in Blender
I’m curious what these are? Is it related to version control? They seem to be benign because I can delete them with seemingly no consequence. Are they necessary? Can I prevent them from being instantiated?
Thank you so much in advance.
And I hope to be a contributing member someday soon.
Oh, and for what it’s worth, I’m developing on OSX 10.6