why does my character passes through trees ??

i know that this question has been asked multiple times…so sorry, and i even saw all the solutions over the net. but nothing worked out for me… i have a terrain, a tree and a character. howerver, the chararcter passes through the tree. i have applied capsule collider to both of them…but still nothing works… :frowning:
can anyone pls say how can i resolve this problem… its very annoying… thnx in advance…

@swastika_pallai

I think that the collider is marked as trigger. If it is not set as trigger then I think that your “Player” has a Rigidbody component attached to it. So, I think that you are using transform to move your Player instead of that use rigidbody.position.

I hope this will answer your question ;^)

@swastika_pallai
Now I understand what’s the problem. If anything is colliding with other object one of those objects should have a Rigidbody component so you can add the component and configure it.
I hope now the bug is fixed ;-D

If you are not using a Rigid Body for you your Character, then it needs to have “Character Controller”, that’s the first thing.

Second thing, I can see that the Height in your tree Capsule Collider is 0, that is wrong too. The collider should cover the height of the tree. However, a better way to do it to add mesh collider to your tree instead of capsulate collider.

@swastika_pallai
On the mesh collider check the convex option. That will inform the mesh collider to take the most possible shape of that object.