Why is my iOS app asking for camera permission?

I recently tried to upload my app to the App Store, but got an email telling me that “This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description, The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.” My app most definitely does not use the camera and I have never tried to access any camera functions with the app. I haven’t developed for iOS before and don’t know why my app is trying to access the camera.

@LConman2000 @lechautu - if you update to the latest version (I’m now on 5.5.0f3), the camera / location / microphone usage descriptions are exposed in the Unity iOS Player Settings. Add a string in those fields, build and upload as normal and you should have no problems (y)

I’m having as same problem as you. The thing is i do not make any request to use device’s camera in my game. I think Unity automatically enable it. Since iOS10 released, publishing app is getting more annoying. Anyway, the only way to fix this problem is adding “NSCameraUsageDescription” key (without quote) to Info.plist, type is String, value is what you want to display, explains how your game is going to device’s camera for, in my case i just show them “The game does not use camera for any purpose”.

Hope this help you.
Best regards

Coming back to this from 2020 - Does anyone have an idea, what parts of unity will cause a Camera-permission request on Appstart?