Why is the scene view completely black?

I’ve just recently started using Unity (only yesterday), so forgive me if this has an obvious fix. I am trying to get started on Unity’s 2D game kit learning project as an introduction to the workings of Unity 2D, and I believe I have followed all the instructions exactly. When creating a new scene (which is one of the first steps in the tutorial), everything appears pitch black, including all the pre-existing sprites of the character and tiles on which she is standing.

When trying to add tiles from the preset tile palette, only the tiles’ outlines are visible, and I can’t seem to find a way to see the sprites, assets, or background. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the project, and have fiddled with the lighting and sorting layers, but (seeing as how I know next to nothing about Unity as of now) these methods have yielded no results. Has anyone encountered this problem before? If it’s any help, I keep receiving the error:

Lut3DBaker.compute: Kernel at index (2) is invalid
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Below is the ideal scene as depicted in the tutorial with its corresponding view in my program.
Thanks165808-idealscene.png

I’m on Linux running Unity 2020.1 and found out the Vulkan API was somehow pre-selected for this project and that caused the kernel errors. Changing the API to OpenGLCore in Player Settings fixed the issue for me. Just my 2 cents…

Just select the button 2 right of the little bulb 205592-capture.png

Hi @JLub04,

Is the project made for Unity 2020?
Have you tried using the 2019 LTS?
You can switch the versions in the Unity Hub

Kind regards,
Jesse

There appears to be an error in the 3rd kernel of the ‘Lut3DBaker’ compute shader, which is what I imagine would be breaking the renderer. My first inclination is that your version of Unity doesn’t match up with the Post-Processing package you have installed - I would follow @Llama_w_2Ls advice and I would also double check the version of Unity you are using is the same as that of the tutorial.